Druk Yul – the name refer to Bhutan meaning “ the Land of the Thunder Dragon “ where the first motor road came only in early 1960s and still the majority of the population with subsistence and organic farming. The land of the GNH (Gross National happiness) much to explore the rural and experience the real essence of Bhutan with unspoiled culture, environment and society
This particularly fascinating Journey across Bhutan – the Enchanting Dragon trip we take to explore through the kingdom’s extraordinary landscapes and biodiversity with altitude ranging from 750ft to 12,000ft. and walk and visit through untouched rural villages particular in east of Bhutan.
The accommodations on this Enchanting Dragon trip, we’ll stay in 5* luxury hotel (In Paro), and settle in simple and charming hotel and resort, lodge after wonderful visits, drive and gentle walks.
To list a few highlights:
- Walk through charming villages, farm houses and seeing native farmers attending the fields.
- Special treat to visit to farm house and mingle with family members.
- Special visit to a village school and talk to the students.
- Wildflowers bursting with life, snow peaks in the distance.
- In the spring, swirling fields of rhododendrons and birding oht spots, in the fall, visits from rare black-necked cranes to Himalayan yaks.
- Some departure coincide with local sacred festivals called – Tsechus( Spring and Fall season).
- Visit and tour of ancients temples and 17th century Dzongs – fortress and hike to Taktsang – 8th century temple perched up a 2000 feet cliff famously know as Tiger’s Nest
Itinerary at a Glance
Day 1: Flight arrival to Paro,
Day 2: Explore Paro valley by drive/walk to visit to temples, villages and farm houses
Day 3: Hike and day excursion to Taktsang Gompa
Day 4: Drive to Thimphu, visit to school of arts, textile museum
Day 5: Drive to lower fertile valley of Punakha over Dochu la pass (10300ft)
Day 6: Visit to Punakha Dzong, and gentle walk to explore the valley
Day 7: Drive to Phobjikha valley and explore valley by gentle walk.
Day 8: Drive to Central Bhutan,Tower of Trongsa Museum
Day 9: Drive to Bumthang over Yotong La Pass (11,200ft)
Day 10: Explore the sacred valleys, temples and caves dated back to 8th Century
Day 11: Drive to Mongar via Thrumshing la pass ( 12,400 ft)
Day 12: Explore Mongar and afternoon drive to Trashigang
Day 13: Drive to Samdrup Jonkhar,, en route Khaling weaving center
Day14: Exit Bhutan to India Gauhati,
|Trip Classification||Schedule/Custom Departure & sample itinerary|
|Destination||Bhutan – West ,Central, East and South( exit )|
|Trip Duration||12 – 14 days|
|Trip Activity and Grade||culture tour and rural experience,
gentle easy day walk and drive on extraordinary mountain road
|Trip offer and season||All year round|
|Expedition pricing||From $ 5386
Land cost per person based on double occupancy
|Accommodation||5 star( Zhiwaling) – Paro
Rest – 3 – 4 star Charming resorts and lodges
|Best Season||Spring – February ,March, April, May|
|Fall – September, October, November, December|