Bae yul – the Bhutanese term for hidden land/valleys of Bhutan is still yet to explore by modernity, and excitement for pilgrims and hikers to explore.
On this particularly delightful trip we take advantage of the kingdom’s beautiful scenic landscapes through the valleys of Paro, Thimphu, Punakha, Phobjikha and Trongsa. The accommodation on this Hiker’s dream trip, we’ll stay in 5* luxury hotel, and settle in charming hotel and resort, lodge after wonderful exploration and days work.
To list a few highlights:
- Walk through charming villages, farm houses and seeing natives attending the fields.
- Special treat to visit to farm house and mingle with family members.
- Wildflowers bursting with life, snow peaks in the distance.
- In the spring, swirling fields of rhododendrons and, in the fall, visits from rare black-necked cranes.
- Some departure coincide with local sacred festivals called – Tsechus( Spring and Fall season).
- Visit and tour of ancients temples and 17th century Dzongs – fortress and hike to Taktsang – 8th century temple perched up a 2000 feet cliff famously know as Tiger’s Nest
Itinerary at a Glance
Day 1: Flight arrival to Paro,
- Day 2:Explore Paro valley by walk to visit to temples, villages and farm houses
- Day 3:Drive to lower fertile valley of Punakha over Dochu la pass ( 10300 ft )
- Day 4:Visit to Punakha Dzong, and hike to explore the valley
- Day 5: Drive to Central Bhutan, hike and explore Rukubji village
- Day 6: Explore Trongsa and visit to the Old winter Palace of the 2nd King of Bhutan
- Day 7:Drive and hike through Longmey village to Phobjikha valley
- Day 8:Gangtey nature trail, private prayer ceremony and visit to farm house
- Day 9:Hike from Gangtey to Wangdi over Sha Shi la pass
- Day10: Drive to Thimphu and hike from Do Chu la to Lung chutse
- Day11:Sight seeing in Thimphu and over night to Paro
- Day12:Hike and day excursion to Taktsang Gompa
- Day13:Exit Paro by Flight
|Trip Classification||Schedule/Custom Departure & sample itinerary|
|Destination||Bhutan – West to Central|
|Trip Duration||10 – 12 days|
|Trip Activity and Grade||culture tour and rural experience,
easy to moderate day hikes.
|Trip offer and season||All year round|
|Expedition Pricing||From $ 5176
Land cost per person based on double occupancy
|Best Season||Spring – February ,March, April, May|
|Fall – September, October, November, December|